I have a busy work week coming up, and several days on which I won’t get home till 8 or 8:30 pm this week. I was feeling anxious about the upcoming week. So, I did what I often do when anxious, I cooked and baked. In preparing for the week I prepped:
- Made 2 large pans of vegan mac n cheeze (one to go to family who have a sick baby!) This will be dinner tonight, and D’s lunches most of the week.
- Vegetarian groundnut stew from Simply in Season – this used up butternut squash that was on the edge of going bad, and will be dinner tomorrow night, and probably a second night or my lunches.
- a large batch of quinoa
- roasted beets (for use in salads etc.)
- roasted sweet potatoes
- grilled eggplant (I had 4 small eggplants that were nearing the end of their days and I didn’t want them to go to waste)
- a double batch of FatFreeVegan Kitchen’s banana maple oatmeal cookies. So good!
This was probably about 2-3 hours of work, but it means we have most of the food for the week prepared. It was worth it! I feel I can relax a bit. I’m sitting back with a glass of wine and (soon, the oven just beeped!) vegan mac n cheeze.